The new Chevy Silverado offers the best fuel economy for a diesel truck. It gets 33 MPG highway, 22 MPG city, and 27 MPG combined. The GMC Sierra 1500 is basically the same truck, but fuel economy figures are lower at 30 MPG highway, 23 MPG city, and 26 MPG combined.
Do diesel trucks get good mpg?
PRO: Diesels get great mileage. They typically deliver 25 to 30 percent better fuel economy than similarly performing gasoline engines. … Even if the price goes up, diesel fuel would have to be 25 to 30 percent more expensive than gas to erase the cost advantage of a diesel engine’s greater fuel efficiency.
What truck gets the best fuel mileage?
The Most Fuel-Efficient Pickups You Can Buy
- Ford F-150 2WD Diesel | 23 MPG.
- Hyundai Santa Cruz AWD | 23 MPG.
- GMC Canyon 2WD Diesel | 23 MPG.
- Chevrolet Colorado 2WD Diesel | 23 MPG.
- Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel | 24 MPG.
- Ford F-150 2WD PowerBoost Hybrid | 25 MPG.
- GMC Sierra 1500 2WD Diesel | 26 MPG.
Are there any trucks that get 30 mpg?
Some trucks can tow more than the Sierra’s 11,800-pound capacity, but few can match its Duramax diesel that gets up to 30 mpg highway. A Sierra Heavy Duty is also available. The GMC Sierra 1500 is a 5-seater vehicle that comes in 6 trim levels.
What truck has the best diesel engine?
It Runs Forever: Trucks with the Best Diesel Engines
- It Runs Forever: Trucks with the Best Diesel Engines. …
- Why Diesel? …
- 2010-2013 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty – 6.7L Cummins. …
- 2006-2007 Chevy Silverado / GMC Sierra 2500HD and 3500HD – Duramax LBZ. …
- 2000 Ford F-250/F-350 Super Duty – 7.3L Power Stroke.
What 2500 diesel truck gets the best mpg?
The Ram 2500 comes with a 6.7-liter Cummins inline-six turbodiesel that is known for its massive amount of torque. It’s paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. As tested in a four-door Laramie trim, the Ram 2500 manages 14 MPG overall.
What is the best truck for the money?
Best Trucks for the Value
- 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz. Overview. …
- 2021 Ford Ranger. Overview. …
- 2021 Ford F-150. Overview. …
- 2021 Chevrolet Colorado. Overview. …
- 2021 Toyota Tacoma. Overview. …
- 2021 Ram 1500. Overview. …
- 2021 GMC Canyon. Overview. …
- 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Overview.
What truck has the best resale value?
Continuing a longstanding trend among the top 10 vehicles, trucks and SUVs dominate once again amidst high demand and relatively low gas prices.
Kelley Blue Book Names 2021 Best Resale Value Award Winners.
|2021 BEST RESALE VALUE: TOP 10 VEHICLES|
|Ford F-Series Pickup||RAM Pickup|
|Ford Ranger||Toyota 4Runner|
|GMC Sierra Pickup||Toyota Land Cruiser|
|Jeep Gladiator||Toyota Tacoma|
How many MPG does a 6.6 Duramax get?
Fuel Economy and Real-World MPG
We tested the Silverado 2500HD with the gasoline 6.6-liter V-8, and it earned 14 mpg on the highway. For comparison, we tested an F-250 with the gas-fed 6.2-liter V-8 and six-speed automatic transmission, and it returned 15 mpg in the same test.
How many MPG does a f250 diesel get?
The conclusion gave the F-250 an overall average of 13.51mpg.
What is the most reliable small truck?
Best Small Trucks: Reviews, Photos, and More
- Honda Ridgeline.
- Ford Ranger.
- GMC Canyon.
- Nissan Frontier.
- Chevrolet Colorado.
- Toyota Tacoma.