2) The Prime Minister hoists the tricolour. The day is to mark the historic event of Independence of the country from the British Rule. 3) The flag hoisting ceremony on Independence Day takes place at the Red Fort in New Delhi followed by the PM’s address to the nation.
What is the rule of flag hoisting?
3.7 The Flag shall always be hoisted briskly and lowered slowly and ceremoniously. When the hoisting and the lowering of the Flag is accompanied by appropriate bugle calls, the hoisting and lowering should be simultaneous with the bugle calls.
Who can hoist the national flag?
The Indian flag code was modified on 26th January 2002 which finally allowed citizens of India to hoist the Indian flag over their homes, offices and factories on any day of the year. Section 2 of the new code accepts the right of all private citizens to fly the flag on their premises.
Is it legal to put a flag on your car?
As per the regulation of The Flag Code of India, 2002, every Indian can’t fly the National Flag on their vehicles. … The display of National Flag is governed by the provisions of the Emblems and Names (prevention of improper use) Act, 1950 and prevention of insults to National Honour Act, 1971.
What are the do’s and don’ts of flag hoisting?
- When the flag is hoisted, it should be flat and horizontal. …
- When flag is hoisted in open, it should be flown from sunrise to sunset.
- Always hoist the flag briskly and lower it slowly and ceremoniously.
- All people should face the flag and stand at attention, when the flag is being hoisted or lowered.
What are the opportunities for hoisting national flag?
The Tricolour should always be hoisted in a place of power from sunrise to sunset. While hoisting the flag, the saffron band must always be displayed as the topmost band on the right. Using the national flag as decoration is not allowed. So is drawing on the flag or defacing it with an inscription.
What does it mean when a flag is unfurled?
/ʌnˈfɜːl/ If a flag, sail, or banner unfurls, it becomes open from a rolled position, and if you unfurl a flag, etc., you make it do this: The demonstrators unfurled a large banner. Synonym. unfold (OPEN)
Why is the national flag not flown at night?
In general, it’s because most countries have laws which prohibit flags from being flown or displayed at night, unless the flag is illuminated or lit up. … Hoisting in the morning is a sign of strength, and lowering is a sign of respect and dignity for the flag and for country it represents.