What is the most common forklift hazard?
#3 Forklift Overturns: tipovers and rollovers
Forklift overturns are the leading cause of fatalities involving lift trucks. Overturns can be caused by: Improper turning. Driving with an elevated load.
What are hazards and prevention measures for forklift safety?
Here are some control measures and precautionary tasks that can be done to avoid the hazards:
- Qualified operators only.
- Operators must wear the right uniform.
- Equipment must be checked for damages before use.
- Analyze the safety of the work environment.
- Operate at a safe speed.
- Ensure that the load is stable and secure.
What should you be aware of when operating a forklift?
Here are the most essential tips for forklift safety.
- Get Forklift Certification. …
- Wear Proper Clothing. …
- Know the Forklift Class. …
- Inspect the Equipment Daily. …
- Maintain 360° Visibility. …
- Implement a Floor Marking System. …
- Maintain Equipment Capacity. …
- Never Carry Extra People.
What happens if you hit someone with a forklift?
If a forklift accident occurred due to the negligence of the forklift operator, the operator could be held liable for any damages to an injured party as a result. Failing to follow proper safety protocol or operating the forklift while under the influence are two examples of forklift operator negligence.
What is an example of a control measure for forklift hazards?
Be cautious near blind corners, doorways, and narrow aisles. Sound the forklift horn at intersections. Use high-visibility clothing, where appropriate. Limit forklift travel speed.