Forklift capacities range from about 3,000 lbs up to more than 70,000+ lbs. You can find the rated capacity of a forklift on its data plate. OSHA requires “only loads within the rated capacity of a truck shall be handled.” It’s easy to think the rated capacity is the same as maximum capacity, but it’s not that simple.
How much can a 5000 lb forklift lift?
A 5,000-lb. capacity forklift will lift that much weight up to 48-inch forks (with a 24-inch load center) but going out to 60 inches (with a 30-inch load center), for example, drops the capacity to 4,000 pounds.
How much can a forklift lift kg?
The maximum weight these machines can safely lift is 2,500kg. Three wheel – These are primarily pallet lifts used in environments where space is limited. Their load capacity is 2,200kg.
How do you calculate the load capacity of a forklift?
A couple of simple calculations are all that’s necessary:
- Divide the load center as stated on the data plate by the actual load center (in the example above, that would be 24/36=. 6666).
- Multiply this result by the rated load capacity (4000X. 6666=2666.6).
How much does a 5000 lb forklift weigh?
Weight: 9,908 lbs. Overall Length: 148 in.
How much can a 10K forklift lift?
10K Industrial Forklift Diesel. Industrial warehouse forklifts are ideal for unloading palletized and crated material from trucks for warehouses, convention services, and industrial applications. This dual fuel forklift has a maximum lift capacity of 10,000 lbs. and a maximum lift height of 187”.
What is maximum load capacity?
Load capacity refers to the maximum demand, stress, or load that may be placed on a given system under normal or otherwise specified conditions for an extended period of time. In other words, it refers to the capacity of a system to continue to perform its intended function when supporting a specific amount of weight.
How do you determine load capacity?
Calculating the Weight of a Load
- Step 1: Determine the Volume of the Load. Rectangle/Square: Volume = Length x Width x Height. …
- Step 2: Determine the Material You’ll Be Lifting. The table below can be used for approximate weight values of common loads and materials: …
- Step 3: Determine the Weight of Object.