There are three forklift directional controls: park, drive, and reverse. Directional controls can be mounted to a lift’s steering column.
How do you operate a forklift?
Approaching the Load
- Always approach the load slowly and carefully.
- Stop 8-12 inches in front of the load.
- Make sure the truck is placed squarely in front of the load.
- Make sure the forks are at the correct height for lifting the load.
- Set the direction control to neutral.
What are 3 types of forklift trucks?
What are the different Forklift types?
- Class I: Electric Motor Rider Forklifts.
- Class II: Electric Motor Narrow Aisle Forklifts (Reach Trucks, Order Pickers)
- Class III: Electric Pallet Jacks, Stackers, and Tow Tractors.
- Class IV: Internal Combustion Cushion Tire Forklifts.
What are the 5 classes of forklifts?
Fleet managers have more choices than ever when it comes to material handling equipment. There are electric forklifts, internal combustion (ICE) forklifts, aerial lifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, reach trucks, scissor lifts…not to mention a huge variety of forklift attachments.
What is the most important safety device on a forklift?
5 most important safety devices on a forklift
- Brakes. Brakes are the absolute most important safety feature on any motorized vehicle. …
- Seatbelts. …
- Overhead guards. …
- Lights. …
What are the 7 classes of forklifts?
HOW MANY CLASSES OF FORKLIFTS ARE THERE?
- Class I. Electric Motor Rider Trucks.
- Class II. Electric Motor Narrow Aisle Trucks.
- Class III. Electric Motor Hand or Hand/Rider Trucks.
- Class IV. Internal Combustion Engine Trucks. …
- Class V. Internal Combustion Engine Trucks. …
- Class VI. …
- Class VII.
What are 3 fluid levels that need to be checked before using the forklift?
Check of liquid Levels:
- Hydraulic fluid.
- Brake fluid.
- Engine oil coolant.
What is the biggest forklift?
That would be a sight to behold! To go one step further, the Kalmar DCG720-10LB forklift can top that. This forklift can lift up to 72 tons, making it the strongest forklift in the world. Even more amazing, the forklift can lift that weight on an inclined slope of up to 34%.
What are the different kinds of forklifts?
Forklifts are powered by two types of engines – electric and internal combustion (IC). Each type of engine is suited for different types of work environments and job tasks. This makes the power source a key factor in which forklift style a business will use. The advantages of electric forklifts are many.
What is the difference between counterbalance and forklift?
Differences between Counterbalance Forklifts and Reach Trucks. One of the main differences between a counterbalance forklift and reach truck is the method used to stabilise their loads. As the name suggests counterbalance forklifts are designed with a larger counterweight in the rear of the unit.
What does EE mean on a forklift?
An EE rating means that any electrical component that creates a spark is enclosed, such as the motors and contactors. An EX rating designates that the machine is spark proof. Type EX units are specifically tested and classified for use in explosive hazardous locations.