Note: A powered industrial truck is unattended when the operator is 25 feet or more away from the vehicle which remains in his view, or whenever the operator leaves the vehicle and it is not in his/her view.
Can you leave a forklift running unattended?
Never leave an operating forklift unattended.
In fact, leaving keys in an unattended forklift (or, thus, leaving on the ignition of this vehicle) is illegal, and has dire consequences as a safety hazard, even without the actual occurrence of an accident. Know and never exceed the lifting capacity of the forklift.
What are the 7 classes of forklifts?
HOW MANY CLASSES OF FORKLIFTS ARE THERE?
- Class I. Electric Motor Rider Trucks.
- Class II. Electric Motor Narrow Aisle Trucks.
- Class III. Electric Motor Hand or Hand/Rider Trucks.
- Class IV. Internal Combustion Engine Trucks. …
- Class V. Internal Combustion Engine Trucks. …
- Class VI. …
- Class VII.
Is it illegal to leave keys in a forklift?
You might not be aware but it is actually illegal to leave the keys in an unattended Forklift. This measure is to prevent unauthorised use of the Forklift. … All forklifts and plant equipment can be fitted with low cost Driver Identification systems which prevent unauthorised usage.
What should you do every time you park a forklift?
Parking Safety Rules
- Always try to find a level surface to park on. …
- Lower forks, or the forklift attachment, all the way to the ground. …
- Put the gear into neutral.
- Make sure the wheels are straight. …
- Set the parking brake every time you park the forklift. …
- Turn off the engine before dismounting the forklift.
When picking up a load the forks should be?
Answer Expert Verified. Answer: When picking up a load the correct fork spacing should be 6 inches and also the forks must be spaced as wide apart as necessary for the maximum support of the load.
When going up or down a ramp you must have the load on the upgrade?
When traveling with a load, the load should point up the incline, regardless of direction of travel. Going up the incline: Drive forward. Forks pointed upgrade.